Lemon Delicious Slice Recipe
½ teasp vanilla extract
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 tablesp cornflour
1 1/3 cups plain flour
1 teasp finely grated lemon rind
1/3 cup plain flour
1 1/3 cup caster sugar
2/3 cup lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 180oc (160oc for fan forced oven)
2. Grease a 3cm deep, 16cm x 26cm slice tin and line with baking paper.
3. Place butter in a large microwave safe bowl and melt on medium heat for 1 minute (or until melted) Set aside to cool.
4. Stir in vanilla and sugar, sift flours over butter mixture.
5. Using a wooden spoon stir until a soft dough forms. Press into tin and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
6. Topping: Whisk eggs, lemon rind, flour and sugar together until smooth. Add lemon juice and whisk to combine.
7. Pour over base and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until just set. Cool completely in pan.
8. Cut into small fingers and dust with icing sugar to serve. It is quite rich, so small fingers are better than large squares.
This slice can be frozen.